Monday 25 May 2015

Ready to Run


My MasterChef Canada contract specifies that I cannot endorse a product without their approval.  I’m pretty sure they did not mean running shoes, but in any event, this is not a K-Swiss endorsement!!  Let it be known that I refuse to run in any shoe other than the K-Swiss Tubes 100.  In fact, before I signed up for the Walt Disney World Marathon, I checked with K-Swiss that they were still in production.  From left to right, these shoes have ran:  Training, QCM Half, QCM Half, RunDisney Wine & Dine, RunDisney Dumbo Double Dare. 

I set myself two goals to achieve before I would allow myself to register for the full marathon:
1.  throughout the winter, I had to run three 5Ks on the treadmill per week.  This doesn’t seem like much but I hate the treadmill and don’t go outside in the winter so it was about all I could handle.
2.  one month before registration opened, I had to run/walk 100 miles.  In all, I did 115 miles, again on the treadmill, which is torture.  My marathon training has not started yet, and I anticipate approximately a July 1 start time.  I follow Jeff Galloway’s RunDisney training programs and they have always worked for me so I will start to train when he tells me to!

I am sitting 20 pounds over the weight I like to be to run a half marathon so it is really, really hard for me to run right now and I am trying to keep myself from panicking too much.  The upside of it is, as the weight comes off (and I pray it comes off), it will get easier to run!!  The other positive is, if I adjust things just right I can now create a small fraction of cleavage, and my endocrine system is functioning again!  But all in all, at this stage of my life, I really don’t need boobs or working ovaries, so I would be much happier with 20 less pounds to carry around!  

Until the training program is announced and I have a definite plan, I will maintain my minimum three 5Ks per week, and hope this extra weight starts to fall off.  The dog is getting fairly fed up with my snails pace after all!  In the meantime, I’m back to the kitchen to cook you up something interesting (which doesn’t help the “bass” situation).  In my next run instalment, I’ll tell you all about what Sean Astin said to me that made me run my personal best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment