Wednesday 20 May 2015

Welcome to Kitchen Marathons

I don't love running but I love to cook and I love to eat, so the running comes as a necessity. I don't consider myself a runner but I have completed four half marathons and have made some fairly decent time.  My personal best (which I have no intention of ever beating) is 1:43:43.  Some time ago I had the thought that I may regret it later in life if I did not attempt a full marathon. And so, I find myself registered to run my first (and I anticipate my last) full marathon in Walt Disney World on January 10, 2016, 234 days from now. 

I have always loved to cook and have found myself pretty good at that too. In fact, I was recently one of the top 25 finalists in Masterchef Canada Season 2. So I guess that's what I'm good at: cooking and running, and I spend a lot of hours out of my week doing both of those things. One to support the other. Or perhaps it's the other way around?  And hence the birth of this blog, after so many people assuring me they would read it.  In this spot I will try to explain what I'm creating in the kitchen, how I am working towards my professional cooking certification, and what I am doing to prepare for the biggest Disney race of the year.  And in the coming months, travel adventures will take me to some great eats as well as new places to run so I should have many photos and stories to share!  I hope you will follow along with my Kitchen Marathons!

No comments:

Post a Comment